Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Osaka Visa run..........







OK, so some of you know that I hoped over to Japan for a couple of days. For those of you who don’t know and are questioning my motive then here you are….. Due to unforeseen circumstances I was forced to change schools about a week before departing the UK. Therefore the acquirement of my visa was postponed. So what happens now is that, one has to do a visa run out of the country to visit the Korean Consulate to obtain their visa. Japan is the closet and Osaka is the closest city. So I flew to Osaka on Monday morning and flew back at around 2pm on Tuesday. Not long to learn a few words and soak up a bit of culture. I spent about 5/6 hours wondering the streets and taking it all in. Then the evening approached so I sipped a few chilled beers in an Aussie bar till the early hours. Not very exciting or imaginative but nevertheless an experience, 6 hours of walking around a completely new city/country was another experienced encountered, a new lesson learnt….. for example, they have women only carriages on the Subway/Metro - they were pink carriages, with pink writing, pink handles, whitey pink seats etc etc etc.....
a few choice pics here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment