Friday, September 07, 2007

Happy Birthday to Grover..........

Today I had 'Student Book' class. The student book is a very simple book with songs, chants, and drawings. I do the book with two seperate classes. Red and Pink. Today I was feeling a little tired of singing and chanting (although on Monday i'm teaching them COME ON YOU SPURS and clap, clap, clap, clap, clap YIDS!!).
So I decided upon a practical lesson. The theme of the book at the moment is Birthday's. So wrapping a present was on the menu as a main course and unwrapping was the desert.... oh and singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, was a side dish.
Hopefully most of you can see the video below. Apologies for my singing!! - oh and Grover is from sesame street, which is the foundation of the Student Book.

2 comments:

  1. Love the little video - you seem to be getting along well with the teaching - but was surprised to read you had to teach science!
    Wondered if there were presents in the gift wrapped boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Presents just bricks. They have bricks that they play with in play time!!
    Science.... I know, very strange.

    ReplyDelete