Thursday, September 06, 2007

Cheap (but still tasty) Meal

Finished work around 6:45 today. We had a quick teachers meeting to discuss the presentations that are coming up in December. Quite a big showcase for all the Kindergarten classes. So Hannah (Korean teacher) and I have two glasses to prepare for. The red and pink class. Red, which is my class are the youngest with all of them hitting 5 years old this year. So the brief is 5 minutes and there has to be some kind of speaking and performance..... I suggested a short play. Maybe Cowboys and Indians, but apparently they did that last year. My second suggestion was Romeo and Juliet, then realised that they struggle enough with modern day English, let alone 16th Century bla.!!
So back to the drawing board.....
Oh I had a science class today. x14 kids, all Kindergarten. It was crazy. I had to teach them the two basic different types of lens. Concave and Convex. Remember these kids don't even know what a lens is, hang on they don't even know what a window is, so imagine me trying to tell them what they both mean, do and how to say them..... it was cool though. I kept it simple with the whole "this one makes it BIGGER, this one makes it smaller" idea - it worked a treat.....

David and I (David is the new Irish teacher who has just joined, we live in the same block and also on the same level, which is very cool) then took off to Bucheon area for some dinner. The image below is of my meal. Simple Pork cutlets in very light batter, then with a side soup, some mixed boiled veg and salad thingy with some dressing and a pot of rice - all very tasty and at a mere 6,000 won (about £3.00) not bad..... THEN.

The monstrosity that was this Ice-Cream below. I was literally in tears of laughter in the shop. The kind shop asistant was molding this mountain of Ice-Cream for about ten minutes ..... It was huge. I know there's a language barrier here, but I had only paid for one scoop, definitaly only one scoop.....Needless to say, being an Ice-cream lover, I didn't complain... (Picture doesn't do it justice, sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment