Sunday, November 01, 2009

Language Fusion


This is Suna. Everybody say "Hello Suna!".

Suna is my new friend. She's Korean and has been living in London for about 8 months now. We met through a Korean Language Exchange Group that I discovered online. We have met twice now. On meeting we chat in each others language. Both parties within this meeting are rewarded with practice in their chosen, second, language. Her English is much better than my Korean, so we chatter in mostly English. My use of Korean is limited, but having now completed two meetings with Suna, I'm finding myself far more knowledgeable than originally thought. Still a long long, never ending, way to go, but this is a great method to get things moving in the right direction.

I'm currently reviewing a lot of material that I've studied so far in my short tenure as a Korean Language student. I have a level assessment on the 13th November. This will place me into either level 1 or 2. 1 would be a touch annoying as I'm pretty sure it will be a good few weeks covering a lot of stuff I'm comfortable with. Level 2, on the other hand, will all be new fresh material that will get me chomping at the bit. So, lets see what level I enter at. Either way, it'll still provide ample opportunity to get my speaking on course.

I've just polished off a large roast dinner, cooked by Mother. It was nothing short of ultimate deliciousness. The rice pudding, served as a pudding, was just too much for my stomach to handle. It's currently in recess and has warned me not to lean over and tackle the selection of chocolate and fruity chews that caress the coffee table. This leads me into my recent diet. Food has been a joy to get my lips around. I didn't think about UK foods too much while I was away, but having been in and around a few well endowed fridges over the last few months, it's easy to say that I have piled on a bit of holiday weight. This wasn't helped by a recent foot injury, which forced me to be sofa bound for about 10 days. I'm quite looking forward to getting back to my Korean diet. UK food is tasty, don't get me wrong, but, it does take a lot longer to digest and it does cause a rather uncomfortable amount of wind, which a few of my close friends will testify.

The next three weeks are going to be pretty busy. My 27th birthday is first up on Tuesday. Then Thursday sees a exciting trip to see a previewing of a Korean movie, called, Thirst. Then on Friday a small reunion in London with some old Bungay High School friends. Saturday is bonfire night. Sunday, it's off to see the Denholm side of the family, to say hello and goodbye. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is currently free (hopefully it will stay that way). Then Thursday, it's get ready for level test. Friday AM, level test. Friday PM, say goodbye to another crowd of friends. ETC ETC ETC...... Final week will consist of a family reunion in Glous. A short trip to the Foreign Office in Milton Keynes to notarise some legal documents for Korea. Then it's the final countdown.

OK, I've mumbled on just about enough that 'Countryfile', on BBC1, has finished so I can get back to some TV watching. X Factor it is, to hopefully witness the downfall of those awful twins 'John and Edward'. Fingers crossed.

Laters.
Just a silly little piece of photoshop I did......

No comments:

Post a Comment