Tuesday, November 10, 2009

12 days to go (possibly most pointless blog do date)

So, I will be flying, courtesy of Finnair, to Seoul, in just twelve days time. I thought I would bring us all up to speed on the signficance that, to life in general, the number twelve has.

There are twelve in a dozen, dozen is used as a sales unit. A dozen is most commonly known for the use of eggs. A group of twelve things is known as a Duodecad.

The 12th month is December, which is the month in which I'll be starting my Korean course.

12 x 2 = 24, which was my age when I first arrived in Korea.















This is the 12th picture on my facebook that I am in. I'm centre, arms aloft, macho style.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ is the 12th website that is inserted into my bookmarks.

In the former British currency system, there were twelve pence in a shilling. 

In the US, twelve people are appointed to sit on a jury for felony trials in all but four states.

12 face cards in a card deck.

12 inches in a foot.

12 = perfect government.

The McDonalds hamburgers' 12th birthday was last year.

This was the 12th google search, when I typed in '12', into google.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c - It's a AA-12 gun, in action.

This was the 12th google search, when I typed in 'twelve', into google.
http://www.twelvegames.com/TWELVE.htm

This was the 12th image when I typed (twelve' into google images.

















If Manchester United win the English Premiership this season, it will be their 12th Premiership title.

Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane, Tottenham Hotspurs' little option, strike force, have scored 12 premiership goals between them, so far, this season. 6 each.

Birmingham FC currently have 12 points in the league. No other team has 12. BIRMINGHAM FC is a total of 12 letters. haha.

12 is the amount of points that Tottenham are currently ahead of West Ham Utd. haha.

Last football fact. There were 12 years between Pele's 1st and last goal in the a World Cup competition. He scored many more in between.

There are 12 days of Christmas.

What does the number 12 mean to you???

1 comment:

  1. i spent 12 minutes reading the thoughts of a crazy person. ha. Xx. elicia

    ReplyDelete