Thursday, October 11, 2007

Easy Life


Thought I would write a short piece on a few general things. School has been going pretty well recently. I'm now about to finish my 8th week. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that it's pretty much like any other job, in the sense that you have a good day, shortly followed by a bad one etc etc etc. Something that I haven't really experienced before, in the work place, is that in teaching you're only as good (or bad) as your last lesson. You can never relax with these kids. You have to be on the ball on all the time. I'm talking about Kindergarten of course, Elementary is a different situation........
Anyway, enough drivel - check out the picture above. This was one of my 45 minute classes today. I got them to write their own version of a story we have been reading. The above example is mine - brilliant huh???!!! Can I draw or can I draw???!!!!
But hey, what others jobs in the world can you spend a full 45 minutes, drawing and writing this kind of stuff. Jealous??? I would be if I was you!!
(I tried to draw me swimming, but I am pathetic at drawing heads and bodies, so I thought I could be diving - creative)
Also today, I had a 'Free Talking' lesson. I think I mentioned this some time ago. Basically a double lesson with both Red and Pink class to talk about anything. Today I spoke about 'Family'. Couple of choice pictures below of them doing their family trees.....

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and your story about you and Douglas :)
    Don't you believe it - teaching any age you have to have your wits about you all the time - even adults! Take care Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really getting into the teaching thing!! Lovely pictures of your students and great Toby and Douglas story and pics!
    Love Moirax

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my portrait you have done of me very much.
    love
    Douglas

    ReplyDelete