Monday, October 01, 2007

1359 mcg of beta-carotene

I mentioned a few weeks back that every day surprises me with yet another eye opening experience. Things that make me stare, smile, frown, chuckle etc. An experience can be as simple as a Korean crossing the road in a unique way or a taxi man coughing in such a way that it triggers some kind of reaction that’s alien to my UK formatted brain. A few tasters below.

A kid fell off his bike whilst crossing the road. The road was 6 lanes wide and it was busy. The kid went mental. He was screaming at another kid, whom I think was a friend. I feel he may have caused the fall. The lights went green, but matey was still screaming and now he had turned as anger onto his 2 wheeler, kicking it a few times…. It was an eerie moment – passers by stopped and stared.

A swaying moped carrying one Korean man (aged 65-75) and about 8 ft of cardboard boxes.

Sitting in a Korean bar and suddenly the lights dimmed and then disco lights started thrashing around and then happy hardcore music filled the air. I was sitting with some Koreans – they translated the change in atmosphere to “It’s Korean party time” – it lasted around 10 secs. After, normality resumed.

But I’m now getting to my point. Yesterday I came across something that delighted my day and the moment will live with me like no other experience.

I found a new area of shops within spitting distant of my apartment. I started strolling around and I came across a small supermarket. On roaming aisle after aisle I came to the vegetable and salad section……. I at last found some Broccoli. Most of you will know that I like Broccoli. It’s a very good vegetable that is easily cooked and supplies one with great levels of nutrition. I quote “Not only does a cup of broccoli contain the RDA for vitamin C; it also fortifies your immune system with a hefty 1359 mcg of beta-carotene”.

I have been striving for some, familiar, immune system enhancing goods for some time now….. It may seem like small thing, but those are the best….. I did have to hide my sheer delight (or should I say overreaction) as the shop was quite packed….. he he…..

A picture for proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment