Monday, August 18, 2008

Landed


I didn't fly Quantas

OK. I’m back in the land of teaching and much much more. I have just finished my first day of teaching, I was a bit rusty at first and think I will be for a few more jet lagged days. But the future is bright and that is all I can think of right now. I’ll give you all a brief, or detailed, insight into my last three weeks in the UK.

Here is a list:

Ate bread.
Ate lots of bread.
Threw big stones into the sea, at Walberswick, for Biffer to try and find.
Sunbathed in my mothers garden.
Got sunburnt, sunbathing in my mothers garden.
Bought some shorts in Topman.
Ate numerous English fry-ups.
Watched Emmerdale, Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Sky Sports News 24, Re-runs of Friends, Channel 4 news, Come dine with me, The Charlotte Church show, all on TV.
Ate a roast dinner.
Slept on 4 sofas.
Woke up with a view of Highbury and then walked alongside the Emirates Stadium. Huge apologies Yids.
Had a delicious BBQ at Fran and Rich’s yard.
Rummaged through my old clothes and picked out some treats.
Overheard a pathetic argument in Sainsbury’s.
Took 2 hours to get from Acton to Balham.
Updated my Oyster Card a few too many times.
Watched Spurs destroy Norwich 5-0 at Carrow Road.
Witnessed Spurs humiliate Roma 5-0 at White Hart Lane.
Roasted some Sausages, accompanied them with some Flageolet beans and mixed veg.
Bought a new extra strong Dyna-Band.
Been to two house parties, not knowing the host.
Taken two trips in London black cabs.
Witnessed Michael Vaughan retire and Kevin Peiterson step in.
Bought something online at Harrods.com
Questioned peoples rudeness in public places.
Learnt how to say, Optimistic, Peaceful, Beautiful, Interesting, Funny, Romantic, Awkward, Strange, Cool Collected, Sincere, Fat, Thin, Big, Small, Long and Wide in Korean.
Read no books.
Bought a bigger and more practical suitcase.
Bought a bigger and more practical hand luggage suitcase.
Witnessed what a butchers should look and smell like.
Saw my Mother, Father, Step-mother, Step-father, Sister and nephew. And Grandmother and aunties. Rufus has transformed from a big baby to a small boy.
Watched England Vs South Africa at the Oval.
Not gone to the gym.
Wanted to go to the gym.
Missed eating Bi-Bim-Bap.
Discovered Lorna is having a baby.
Got served a baked potato with NO Beans (good idea though Rick)
Packed my bags.
Ate my last breakfast.
Went to airport………..

p.s. had a great time.

I’m sure there is more, but a little dazed still……… more to come, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment