Sunday, May 04, 2008

Not in Seoul

Not only am I not in Seoul but this is officially my first blog, that I've written, that hasn't been produced on my laptop, in my room. I'm currently sitting in my hotel room in a small city called Gyeongju. Gyeongju sits in the South Eastern sector of the country, a mere 30K from the sea. I've spent the last 40 hours cycling around the area, taking in tombs, palaces and grass mounds. The grass mounds double up as the tombs, therefore making the tombs not as impressive as advertised. Nevertheless Gyeongju has given my first taste of life in Korea, outisde of Seoul, and it tastes good. To add to the excitment of being outside Seoul,
Im with my father and step mother. Tomorrow is a holiday, so one more day of excursions then it's back to Oryu-dong for me and back to London for the rellies. Then a cushty four day week will be rewarded with a 3 day holiday in Busan. Busan is the second city in Korea. It lies on the South coast and, so I;ve heard, it has a couple of good beaches and plenty to do and see. This time I feel there won't be much cycling and tourist fuelled excusrions, but more drink fuelled lunches and student-esk adventures around the unknown southern lands of Korea. Those in the know have informed me that there will be around 30-40 of us training it down to Busan next weekend. I fear that many stories and pictures will be tagging their way around numerous facebook albums. Needless to say I'm very excited and looking forward to what the immediate future holds. As for right here and right now, I need to jump in the shower and then head out for some samgabsal with the folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment