Friday, November 30, 2007

Bye

I had an emotional Friday. Rachel finally departed and said he goodbyes. She even bought me a pack of very nice biscuits, which I’m eating with chilled milk as we speak. The biscuits are pretty basic but have this moorish melt in the mouth sensation that makes you dive in for one more – as I have just done (to the expense on the letters b an n on my keyboard as they now have a collection of friends called Crumbs. Anyway I have strayed away from my purpose. Yesterday, I got emotional for another reason other than Rachel’s departure. My favourite student of all time, Leah, dramatically, shockingly and rather hastily left the school. The principal announced this to me about 3 minutes before my lesson with her. She’s 9 years old and is VERY good at all aspects of English. She’s so sweet and kind and funny. I had to take a moment in the boys bathroom before starting the lesson, I could feel myself welling up.

I’ve realised that you get attached to these kids. You see them everyday and you get to know their personalities very well. Out of the 50 or so kids that I’m responsible for, maybe 10 of them will have an affect on you, and Leah was certainly one of them……. And she has gone. Good Luck Leah.

Leah is the girl in glasses in this pic…..

No comments:

Post a Comment