Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Chapter One

Something has been happening over the last year and four months that I neglected to tell you. I have always modeled myself on independence and seem to keep some things to myself for a while, and most things I keep locked away in a safe-box with no key to hand. Its easier that way.

My next little secret is something that I cant and wouldnt be able to keep a secret for much longer, even if I really wanted to. I would have to put myself into the safe-box; that would be the only way to keep it from you all.

The ability of my eyes has been deteriorating. On Sunday, 7th December, 2008, I went to the opticians. Ive been before, but only as a routine check at the tender age of ??teen. Now, Im 26, and getting on, some might say, my eyes arent what they used to be. The proof is that, Im now the proud owner of an additional pair of eyes. I believe the technical term is, Spectacles.

After deliberating for around 20 minutes and 20 different styles, colours and fits of glasses I chose these ones. I thought they sat nicely in-between non geeky and non fashion-y, theyre also comfortable and I think, kinda, ok. A new chapter begins. I blame this all down to reading too much. This is the first time that I have read books back to back and the first time that I have taken studying seriously, The Korean Language. Studying before was mostly practical and didnt include too many mountains of reading material. Im of course joking. Playing online Scrabble is clearly to blame for my new blurry disposition.

What do you think? I have chosen a series of pictures, to show you, with a series of emotions.







I wore them for the first time today. When I put them on I couldnt believe that I had been walking around for the past two months (thats the time span of my blurry realization) without them. I dont need to wear them 24/7, although they said I should, but they certainly offer a clearer outlook on books, TV screens and umm, people. My kids found it very entertaining. Theyre used to my pranks. Sometimes I wear their jackets, or put on some kind of comedy accessory as a form of entertainment. They thought this was another joke, so a couple of them carried on as usual. One kid, who goes by the name of Jeremy, did a double take and they said Booya, which vaguely translates to WHAT?. My afternoon kids pretty much all said the same thing. Teacher! You is ugly. I dont take them seriously. People close to me have referred to me as A Harvard student, even more handsome and Intellectual, oh sorry, I mean even more intellectual. (haha, I couldnt spell interlectual (luckily automatic spell checker is here to save me)

Regardless, and at the end of the day, theyre just a pair of spectacles right.

3 comments: