Thursday, June 05, 2008

Conversation Time

I had a couple of great conversations on Thursday. One of them was with a 12 year old called Cindy, who I've taught since I arrived here, and the other was with a random Korean man on the streets of Hongdae.

Two conversations in chronological order................

Thursday afternoon. Kids Herald School, Green Class.

Toby Teacher: Do you know Lee Hyori?
(she is a very gorgeous and famous Korean lady that appears in numerous advertisements)
All: (they corrected my pronunciation and said yes)
Toby Teacher: Well, I'm seeing her on Friday night. She called me and asked me!!
All: REALLY??? REALLY??
Leena: No, He's joking!
Toby Teacher: Yes, I'm joking. But she did call me and I said I was too busy! (I laughed, they didn't)
Cindy: She is good girl, but..
Toby Teacher: But what?
Cindy: She is good girl, she is gooood girl. But your face, your face is....
Toby Teacher: My face is what?
Cindy: Your face is very good, but your face is (she extends her eyes, rubs her chin) very scary!!

Thursday night. Hongdae. On the street.

Korean Man: Hello. Hi. Nice to meet you.
Toby: Hi, how are you?
Korean Man: I'm student. Where are you from?
Toby and Giovanna: From London.
Korean Man: You, Couple?? (Giovanna and I get this a lot)
Toby and Giovanna: No! Just friends, we went to University together.
Korean man and girlfriend: We looking for English friends.
Toby: We're busy tonight, but what's your name?
Korean Man: Pete.
Toby: Pete?? as in P.E.T.E.
Korean Man: No, Pete. As in P.I.T.T. Do you know Brad Pitt??
Toby: Ahhhh!!! Pitt. Very good name. Giovanna! His name is Pitt, as in Brad Pitt.
Giovanna: hahahahaha.....

We exchanged numbers and walked away. How can anyone take this guy seriously with a name like that?? I mean come on man..... PITT!!??? seriously??

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any time for old friends 'cause we miss you very much. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete