Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time

I was reading ‘The Guardian Weekly’, whilst peddling on the exercise bike, as I usually do. I came across a headline that triggered some kind of wave through my mind, the result in that wave was that I should write a blog about it. The headline read “Five Years On”. It was in reference to the invasion of Iraq. It just made me think of other time frames. I then thought of when Diana died, when was that? I thought of the mobile phone, how long have we been dependant on an SMS reply or a returned missed call? When did Macdonald's first start trading?

It has been 7, nearly 8 years since 9.11. It has been 9 years since the Beckham’s got married. It’s nearly 30 years since Margaret Thatcher first took up the hot seat as the UK’s number one. How many years has it been since you passed your driving test? When was the last time you said ‘I love you?’ Can you remember when you last cried? Did you know that it has been 63 years since the first computer was invented? (and it was the size of a living room?). Did you also know that the English Premiership has been running for 16 years? The game of cricket was first played over 400 years ago, and that I have now been in Korea for 241 days.

Blog completed 21:25, 15.04.2008

No comments:

Post a Comment